The Proposal Development Unit (PDU) provides professional proposal development consulting and services for multidisciplinary teams pursuing research awards related to critical care.
The PDU works with faculty investigators on planning and strategy, and then provides intensive support for proposal integration, production, and submission. This allows investigators to focus on truly innovative and integrated translational science that will transform critical care.
The PDU also curates a comprehensive database of critical care funding opportunities. This list is an exclusive benefit to our members.
PDU Services Menu
PDU services are offered as a complete proposal management package or a la carte.
The level of service is determined by your needs, the time remaining before the deadline, and available PDU resources.
Strategic Planning & Development
- Analyze solicitations and past program funding to inform proposal strategy
- Facilitate discussions with funding agency program officers
- Help identify potential collaborators and leverage existing U-M resources to elevate competitive position
- Consult, coach and facilitate team consensus on proposal schedule, roles, shared project goals, and strategic plan
Proposal Development & Management Support
- Plan and draft non-technical proposal sections, e.g., plans for commercialization, management, diversity, broader impacts, international programs, evaluation, and/or economic development
- Assist in scheduling and coordinating team communications and meetings including:
- Team workshops
- Red Team reviews
- Site visit reviews
- Draft budgets and justifications, including subcontract and cost sharing budgets, in coordination with department research administrators
- Draft, integrate, edit, format and condense proposal documents
- Design strategic and process graphics
Proposal Production & Submission Support
- Collect and format supplemental documents, e.g., biosketches, current and pending support forms, data tables, conflict of interest tables, data management plans, facilities and equipment summaries, etc.
- Draft letters of commitment from U-M and partner organization officials
- Provide just-in-time documents or responses requested by agencies before award
NOTE: Although there is no charge to MCIRCC members for these services, PDU staff availability may be limited when lead-time is inadequate. To ensure support for your request, please submit a service request at the earliest possible date,